How the blog works

The poems on this blog are mostly written on the basis of my historical reading and are intended to be both educational and entertaining.
Recently I have also begun posting some of my work with Anglo-Saxon charms. This work is somewhat speculative and is conducted as an amateur researcher and keen Pagan historian.

Please feel free to use anything on this site as a resource if you think that it may be relevant to your needs.

Sunday 11 November 2012

Drawing down the moon


Drawing down the moon

By the vigor of my acorns,
I do call thee down from above.
By the might of my burly bowers,
I do summon thee with my love.

By the breeze in my supple branches,
By the warmth of my growing shoots.
By the sap rising in my trunk,
By the firm earth beneath my roots.

Show yourself to us thy servants,
Draw down the moon and us address.
Reveal thine profound mystery,
Enter the body of thy priestess.

Copyright Andrew Rea March 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment